Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trump Waikiki the new "IN" spot, by Melissa McCoy 1-800-256-4280


Aloha and E Komo Mai!

Trump Waikiki on Oahu, Hawaii was beyond expectation. A nice addition of Luxury in almost the heart of Waikiki, the Trump Waikiki is maintaining the Trump tradition of service, pampering, food and beyond. The Residences at Trump start at the Studio level to over the top 3 bedroom 2 story dream suites. I tried out "Trump" a few different ways on my stay there in February. I had to discover what it was like to sip champagne while soaking in the deep bathtub, with an oceanview, from my 1 bedroom suite :) And then I heard that little "room service" voice in my head, refusing to leave me alone until I called and ordered Eggs Benedict and fresh OJ. It's my preferred resort room service breakfast. Often times, when traveling with my best girlfriend Sue, we'll combine the champagne and eggs benedict for breakfast. Since I was traveling Solo and working hard to inspect all aspects of Trump Waikiki, I separated the two experiences. Well, it's difficult to drink champagne while soaking in the bathtub (with an oceanview) and eat eggs benedict!!! Speaking of bathtubs, I love the bathrooms at Trump. Groovy showers, deep tubs (only some units have ocean views from the bathtub), simple but elegant. And, as a bathrobe connoisseur,
I believe that Trump Waikiki has TRUMPED all others in Hawaii. Just so you have some insight about my bathrobe "interests", after the bellman has brought my things to the room, I head straight for the bathroom to see if the bathrobe is snugly, soft, luxurious..... so I know if I have something to look forward to later in the day. I do have one other hotel on Oahu whose's bathrobe might be tied for best. Maybe! At home, I usually wear "logo" bathrobes I have bought at places like Cousteau Fiji, Yasawa Island Resort and Qamea. But when I visit the resorts in Hawaii, I love the snuggle factor, soft to the touch, and good fit to enjoy while lounging in my air conditioned hotel room.
The gourmet kitchen (all units have them) glistened in my eyes with granite counters, Subzero refrigerators (all except the studios) and fantastic gidgets, gadgets and useful items that I might only dream of having in my kitchen at home. Although I only know how to cook a Caesar salad, when I dream about having a gourmet kitchen I also dream that I can cook! :)

There are so many things to talk about, but I'll leave you with 2 very important bits of information. The food at Wai'Olu oceanview bar was fun and frisky (mouthwatering) and the drink menu dazzled my libation gene. I have committed to return on a Friday night, to sample more Liquid Creations at Wai'Olu and watch the Friday Waikiki Fireworks. Last but not least, is how close the beach is to the Trump Waikiki. It's always a question in my mind since I am a sun goddess and I know that many of our clients some to Hawaii to enjoy the beach/sun. Trump provides you with a beach bag, towels and water and then you take a 5 minute walk to the beach where the "beach concession" has lounges/umbrellas for rent at a very very reasonable price. Waikiki Beach is NOT a quiet beach, it's very much about people watching, including surfers, stand up board surfers, hawaiian outrigger canoes, sailing catamarans and more. The ocean is 20 shades of blue, delightful to take a swim in.

I would like to ask you to call us, here in Hawaii, to reserve your Trump Waikiki vacation and let us help you with all of your Hawaii, Tahiti and Fiji travel plans. We have fantastic relationships with all resorts in these 3 destinations and visit many resorts regularly. Call us at 1-800-256-4280 on Maui. Or email your detailed request including your phone # to vacations@mccoytravel.com. Visit our Hawaii website at http://www.AlohaDestinations.com Here is the video tour I made while at the Trump Waikiki. Mahalo for visiting.. Melissa McCoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hrv9GLe534