Sunday, May 24, 2009

Earth Wind and Fire, Melissa McCoy, Waikoloa August 2008

Aloha with memories of August 31, 2008 at the Marriott Waikoloa, Big Island, Hawaii. Guess who I ran into walking back to my hotel from an Earth Wind and Fire concert at the really NEAT Waikoloa Nights concert venue? Well, it WAS some of Earth Wind and Fire! The traffic was so backed up trying to get out of the parking lot, that even members of the band hoofed it back to the hotel with guitars strung on their backs. Silly me, asked if they played music locally! It would never have occured to me that the band would be walking on the same sidewalk as me. Here we are, after getting cleaned up, at Waikoloa Marriotts evening cocktail venue, Hawaii Calls. I asked them if I could buy them a drink for "bragging" rights :) I've never been a band groupie (a resort groupie yes). But I could NOT pass up this opportunity. Their concert was so much fun. Rita and Arnie and I danced away (Rtia works for Waikoloa Golf and Arnie is the GM for Roy's in the Kings Shops). So here, finally, almost a year later... just because I have started this Blog, I'm sharing some of my travel history. The next morning I went on an amazing Helicopter Adventure over the Big Island's active volcano. My next Blog will be about that adventure... And remember, this IS a commercial for McCoyTravel.com, here in Hawaii. We are a neat fun bunch of experienced Dream Weavers for your next fabulous vacation to Hawaii, Fiji, Tahiti.. the World. 1-800-256-4280. A Hui Ho!