Monday, July 5, 2010

Days 4-8, Bula Fiji Conference


Days 4-8, Work Work Work! As I had known all along, the stay at the Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa was all about work and not play as it was our working hotel for the Bula Fiji conference we attended (one of my staff, Mike Brown, and myself). Up every morning, sneak in some emails and off to the Conference, outdoors, under the hot sun, in the almost perfect bone dry weather that Denarau is known for (great weather for a vacation but ?? an 8 hour outside conference?). Personally, indoors and air conditioning would have worked very well for me, a 50 something woman, experiencing.... well.... Gosh, is it hot in here or is it me? :) No such luck. Every 15 minutes, the bell dings and we have to move on to the next booth.. another resort or something even more exciting (truly), the zip line booth with video footage of the next "day adventure" I want to enjoy in Fiji! Boy oh Boy, I do love to zipline (we have 5 on Maui, 5 on Kauai and 1 on the Big Island) and now Fiji has 2 of them! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE visiting all of the resort booths. Most are from Fiji, but I make a point to visit the booths from Samoa, Tahiti, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Vanuatu, Cook Islands and.. American Samoa and Tuvalu......... If you have ever heard of the fabulous pacific rock group, Tevaka, then you are familiar with a wee bit of that culture through music. I adore Tevaka music and their music DVD. I am an islander at heart. Okay back to business! Sofitel..
I really like the Sofitel and try to stay there every time I'm coming through Denarau, if possible. The rooms are comfortable and updated. The Spa is wonderful and I love the breakfast Buffet (with the strolling Fijian Serenaders) and V restaurant (fine dining). Mostly, I love the people that work there. And even though this trip was a working conference, I liked it as much as ever.

Day 8-10, Namale Resort & Spa, The Garden of Eden revisited--next!